Question: What are the rewards for fasting?
Nabi SAW said: ” My ummah has been given 5 special things that were not given to anyone before them.
1. The smell from the mouth of a fasting person is sweeter to Allah than the fragrance of musk.
2. The fish in the sea seek forgiveness on their behalf until they break fast.
3. Allah decorates His special Jannah everyday and then says the time is near when My faithful servants shall cast aside the trials of the world and come to you.
4. In this month the rebellious shayateen are chained,so as not to incite evil which they normally do in other months.
5. On the last night of Ramadhaan,the fasting Muslims are forgiven.”the companions inquired:”O Messenger of Allah: Is that the night of Laylatul Qadr? “Nabi SAW replied: ” No,but it is only right that a servant should be given his reward on having completed his duty. ‘ (Reported byAhmad and Baihaqi)
Answered by: Mufti AK Hoosen,Ustaad Darul Uloom,20years.